Due to the forecast we will not be having classes, worship or meetings at DCC tomorrow, Sunday, February 15. In between shoveling, please pray for safety for all during this latest winter storm. Stay warm and safe! Many Blessings.
This year our theme for the Lenten weeks leading up to Easter is GRATITUDE. As we come to a place of gratitude for every moment, we are more open to hearing God’s voice in our lives.
Our exploration of gratitude will be inspired by the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, with themes woven through sermons, study groups, and activities. In addition, you are encouraged to connect with a prayer partner each week, preferably in person. You’ll share about your growing awareness about gratitude and pray together, giving thanks for the many gifts in our lives.
Many choices are available for participation. We hope you can fit one into your life!
POSSIBILITIES DURING THE FIVE WEEKS OF LENT:
(1) Study/Discussion Groups, with Meetings with a Prayer Partner: Led by Pastor Carol, two weekly study groups will run Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 11:30 a.m., starting the week of February 22, with the last group meeting on March 24. Participants will read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and use the accompanying study guide booklet. Sessions will include watching DVD segments featuring the author. Participants also will connect with a prayer partner. Childcare is available for the group times.
(2) Book and Study Guide, with a Prayer Partner: Select or request a prayer partner with whom you can share the gratitude journey. You won’t be part of a study group, but you’ll read One Thousand Gifts on your own and also work through the study guide, either by yourself or with your prayer partner.
(3) Book and Prayer Partner: Read the book on your own and meet with a prayer partner, without doing the study guide or attending a group.
(4) Prayer Partner Only: Meet with a prayer partner without committing to reading the book. The sermon series on gratitude may inspire some of your discussion and prayer.
(5) Individual Journey: Read One Thousand Gifts on your own. No prayer partner, study guide, or group.
ALL-CHURCH BRUNCH ON PALM SUNDAY:
We will wrap up our gratitude activities and prayer partner connections on Palm Sunday, March 29,, with an all-church brunch after worship. Join us, regardless of your participation in the gratitude series. Save the date!
Click here to print a form. You can also call (463-7734) or email the church (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.