First, a portion of Deerfield Community Church’s operating budget goes to the UCC’s Our Church’s Wider Mission (OCWM). Sixty percent of this money supports the New Hampshire Conference of the UCC, making us partners in its ministries, which include:
• providing outdoor ministry and mission travel opportunities for children, youth, and adults,
• assisting local congregations in making church spaces safe for all participants,
• supporting churches in finding effective and qualified clergy, and
• presenting leadership training opportunities for local church lay leaders.
Forty percent of our OCWM contribution allows our congregation to engage as a partner in the national and international ministries of the UCC, which include:
• providing a mission presence in 85 countries,
• participating in interfaith dialogue,
• working toward justice, peace, and social and economic development
• responding to natural disasters and human-made crises.
Furthermore, Deerfield Community Church donates to two other annual UCC outreach efforts. The Neighbors in Need offering, which takes place in the fall, supports the denomination’s justice advocacy programs and also is distributed to congregations and nonprofit organizations in struggling neighborhoods in the U.S. The One Great Hour of Sharing offering raises funds to help those who need assistance with education, health care, and agricultural endeavors all over the world. Checks for these annual offerings can be made out to Deerfield Community Church, with the name of the offering written in the memo line, and mailed to P.O. Box 420, Deerfield NH 03037.
In this section: